For several generations tea has been used as home care and very few question its ability to relieve certain diseases. Scientific studies conducted over the past few years have proven many of these claims to be true.
Rooibos tea is an infusion made with oxidized leaves from the rooibos plant. It contains two main flavonoids, aspatathin and nothofagin. Aspatathin is unique to rooibos while nothofagin can also be found in other plants.
You can also purchase ‘Rooibos Bio – Infusion without caffeine Bio at Malindo (also known as ‘Rooibos Bio – Infusion sans cafine Bio Malindo' in the French Language).
List of Benefits:
- Reduces nervous tension
- Helps prevent allergies
- Relieves digestive problems due to its antispasmodic properties
- Effective treatment for infantile colic
- Bring relief to asthmatics because it acts as a bronchodilator and antispasmodic agent
- Tea has been proven to be beneficial for heart health
- It has been shown to help regenerate liver tissue and is therefore good for those who suffer from liver disease
Other Health Facts about Rooibos:
- Rooibos tea has about 1/10 of the content of other tea tannins. Tannin affects your body's metabolism by interfering with its ability to absorb iron and protein and can disarm your body about 1/3 of the level of iron.
- Rooibos tea has no side effects and can, therefore, be used in unlimited quantities
- Because it does not contain caffeine, it can be enjoyed at night without worrying about disturbing your sleep
- It contains minerals such as iron, potassium, zinc, manganese, and sodium
- Because it does not contain oxalic acid, it can be safely enjoyed by people with kidney stones